How to Complete Form I-9: A Survivor’s Guide
Monday February 17, 2020
(Workshop 1) 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
(Workshop 2) 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
PHCC Office, 10103 Broadway, San Antonio, Texas 78217
What You Will Learn:
- How to complete the NEW Form I9 correctly to avoid potential fines
- Determine your level of risk for an ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) audit
- Why E-verify WILL NOT protect you from penalties
PHCC and ASA Members: $45.00 per person
Non-members: $75.00 per person
PHCC MEMBERS ONLY:
Online at www.phcc-sanantonio.org
Visit (or copy link) https://www.asklindahr.me/upcomingevents or send an e-mail to email@example.com
Invoices for payment will be sent after registration (online payments accepted with invoice; payment via check is also acceptable on the day of the seminar). Please make checks out to Ask Linda HR Consulting Services
- RSVPs received after February 14, 2020 may not be guaranteed a seat
- Seating is limited (no refunds)
- If you register for the morning workshop but are unable to attend, please call Linda at 210-846-4900 to check seating availability for the afternoon workshop
Linda Drassen, BSM, MM/HRM, SHRM-CP, PHR, OSHA-10 Hour Certified, and a Personal Human Resources Consulting Sherpa at www.asklindahr.me
Who Should Attend?
- Business owners, human resource representatives, accounting representatives, anyone who is responsible for hiring and/or completing new hire paperwork
- If you see that your I9 forms are missing information OR have blank spaces
5 Top Reasons You Should Attend:
- Each form (including your terminated employee forms) can be fined up to $2,292.00 EACH
- E-verify will NOT help you avoid forms
- If fined by ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement), you may lose your ability to work on federal or state-funded projects for at least a year
- It does NOT matter if your entire staff is legal to work in the United States; you can still be fined on the mistakes made on the forms
- Do you really want to pay the government money for something as silly as a blank “Apartment Number” on your forms?